It is a proven fact that visual communication is the most effective way to interpret others and convey our message. And in the business industry, there are many visual thinkers who by keeping in mind this effective factor portray their ideas about a particular project to their teammates with the aid of visual tools like Gantt Charts.
Gantt Charts! What does the term mean? Gantt chart is simply a bar graph that outlines a project's planned series of actions over a particular time frame concerning the visualization of each task's liability. From scratch to finish, Gantt charts are the spinal cord of the entire project.
But before you build your Gantt chart, it also calls for certain map-outs of planning and confirming the essential project's details. By mapping out all such required details, you will be much easier in creating your Gantt chart, as all the time-taking and hard work you already have done.
It becomes too hectic for the project manager and its team to be contour all the projects and tasks at a time. Moreover, these hurry and flurry project-done ways can lead to loads of errors, breaking of deadlines and hurdles to reach milestones. Thus, Gantt charts are a significant aspect of a project management system systematically plan projects of all sizes. Along with this, it will give proper scheduling of each project assigned and completed on a specific day. Project managers and their teams can also keep their ears open to and eyes on the project status from start to end dates.Now let's have a look at the checklist of what a Gantt Chart can make you analyze:
- The plan of action of the project
- Start date of the project
- Tasks the project includes
- Assigned team members of each task
- Start and end date of tasks
- Time to be taken on each task
- How tasks club together, overlay or link with each other
- The end date of the entire project
In such ways, the Gantt charts help the project manager to run a seamless and smooth project management system. So let's continue and know more about Gantt charts...
How Gantt Charts Lead To Project Flexibility?
According to some research reports, visuals interpreted by humans are 60,000 times faster than the text and 90 percent of its information is transmitted to the brain.
And that's the reason why people work according to 10% of what they listen to, 20% of what they read and 80% of what they see. That's how the Gantt charts being a visual tool improves the project management system.
There are so many reasons why Gantt charts lead to greater flexibility in the entire project management. Its unique feature of portraying both the macro and micro view is the first reason that t brings flexibility for the project manager. By this, the time can be effectively managed and modified concerning the project's scope plus its deadline and individual tasks with milestones deadlines as both macro and micro view respectively.
The second reason for flexibility through Gantt charts is that it easily analyze and optimize the project at one glance. At the time, when multiple projects are standing in the queue, the Gantt charts will make it easy for and allow the project manager to compare resources, deadlines, and priority of each project. And by this, it can tackle the hectic project management integrated with countless tasks and projects.
Also, you never know when the tough time welcomes you with unexpected situations when you have to change or modify the whole project timeline and resources. Thus, Gantt charts give you the flexibility to visualize the dependency factors and effects of such changes.
Top 7 Practices To Know For Gantt Charts
Now let's learn how to create an effective Gantt chart that covers all such above-mentioned aspects and lead successful project management...
1. Record Tasks in Groups - Integrating your task management with groups will make multiple tasks easier to be done. It will make your project plan easier to interpret and analyze to the readers. Also, it will allow the teammates to easily recognize what tasks are assigned to which team.
2. Get Specific With Tasks - The more you will be specific with the tasks of any particular project, the better you will be able to define them to your teammates. When you map the complete project details, you will be much easier to track the status of the project and its steps leading up to the submission.
3. Be With Responsible People & Parties - By recognizing which team will be ideal for what task will help your members to understand the Gantt chart for seeking their tasks. When you create the task, you put the name of the people or team in front of that task and by assigning that task to that particular team. This will help you to plan your resources.
4. Insert Start & End Dates For Each Task - Though, you have already displayed the end and start dates in your Gantt charts but it is an essential tip to create a systematic and interactive Gantt chart. When you put these dates, the team will accordingly start their tasks with the best efficiency. Also, it makes your team accountable for each task of a particular client's project.
5. Record for Time Off and Holidays - To press the time off and holiday records in your Gantt chart are important. This is because, if your time slots shifts or you modify them, then you can encounter some errors or slip of a deadline. So if you already jot down them in your plan, the blunders won't happen at all.
6. Note Outbuildings - There are times occur when you can't move forward without the approval of any task or project. Then you must note that also if you think that one or more tasks must be done before approval, so those should also be noted down. This will help you huge while when your plan shifts or workflow faces blunders.
7. Add Milestones - Never ignore the big picture, no matter how tiny or big project you are handling. Hence, classify the project up into stages or check when a huge different segment of the project is finished. In this way, the Gantt chart adds milestones. Adding milestones in your project will be a great help in boosting confidence and to finish the large chunk of the project. It is a direct route to reach your final destination of seamless project management.
In a nutshell, it can be said that Gantt Charts reflects their lucrativeness in all shapes and sizes. The only need is to build them by considering all the above-mentioned practice and there are more that must be kept in mind. Also, choosing the right tools and software for Gantt Charts won't lose anything from you. ProMISE.ONE is also one such Gantt Chart software that gives an effective way for the project managers and employees to work efficiently. Besides, this flexible software supports multiple projects with its manageable role-based access control and flexible issue tracking system. Visit our site TODAY!
Share this post on: